Monday, November 27, 2017

GIVING THANKS

We just celebrated Thanksgiving here in the USA. I know that it's not always easy to be thankful
when you are facing customer deadlines, monies to make payroll, co-workers’ complaints, and
trying to fit in some time for your spouse, and children.

Like many of us, I run the risk of getting too wrapped up in what I don't yet have that I might not
focus on what I do have. With that in mind, I tried to step back this past weekend and consider
my favorite quotes about thankfulness. May these encourage you as they do me.

“Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!” ― Paul

“No duty is more urgent than that of returning thanks”. ― Unknown

“At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has
cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.” ― Albert
Schweitzer

“If you want to turn your life around, try thankfulness. It will change your life mightily.” ―
Gerald Good

“Praise the LORD. Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.” ― David

“It's a sign of mediocrity when you demonstrate gratitude with moderation.” ― Roberto Benigni

“He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those
which he has.” ― Epictetus

“When things are bad, be thankful...they are not as bad as they could be.” ― Dixie Waters

“Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you
in Christ Jesus” ― Paul

“Gratitude is riches. Complaint is poverty.” ― Doris Day

“Have the wisdom to perceive all there is to be thankful for, and then be thankful for the wisdom
to perceive things so clearly.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich

“Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns; I am thankful that thorns have
roses.” ― Alphonse Karr

“Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!” ― Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment